Empties: May 2016
I finished a makeup product this month - YAY!! Also finished a hand cream that seemed like it took forever so that felt great!
***All items purchased by or given as a sample by my Medical Aesthetician. Non-affiliate links. This is not a sponsored post.***
- Philip B. Peppermint & Avocado Shampoo - Staple product.
- Sachajuan Hair Repair - Staple product.
- L'Occitane Shower Oil - Staple product.
- Biotherm Cleansing Shower Milk - I really like this a lot! Smelled nice & citrusy, good foaming action without being drying. I would have purchased it again, but unfortunately it's no longer available on the Biotherm site. If it comes back I'd definitely repurchase.
HANDS, NAILS, MAKEUP:
- MV Organic Skincare Hand Rescue - Think I mentioned this in a haul or something, but I can't seem to find the post. I thought this was really nice, but I didn't find it as soothing and deeply hydrating as my favorite staple, L'Occitane Hand Cream. I also think I had a wonky pump because it would press down fine, but then would take forever to go back up - probably doesn't seem like a big deal, but I usually needed at least 2 pumps to cover my hands adequately (3 if I wanted to apply to my elbows). Think the slow pump is why it took so long to finish!! I'm glad I tried it, but I wouldn't purchase again.
- L'Occitane Hand Cream - Staple product.
- Nails Inc. 45 Second Top Coat with Kensington Caviar - Staple product.
- Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Ash - My brows have been total crap since I decided they needed shaping. You know that ol' story...you reshape one to try to match the other, then the other one looks weird so you go in on that one too. Next thing you know your brows look completely ridiculous and you know it'll be torture for six months while you try to grow them back out. UGH. Anyway, because I messed my brows up I've relied on this pencil and used it a lot more than I normally would ha ha! I'm onto a fresh one now!
- Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Eye Cream - This was a 2015 Skincare Favorite, but toward the end of the jar I was getting a little bored with it. Didn't seem to work as well the last couple months - didn't seem as hydrating and if I applied too much it would pill. Not sure what happened, but I don't want to go through that again so unfortunately I won't be repurchasing this like I originally thought. But at least I didn't pay full price - it was in the Caroline Hirons x CultBeauty box I bought last year.
- NeoCutis Bio-Cream Riche (4 sample packets) - The Medical Aesthetician gave me these to use after my first BBL treatment. It's pretty rich and is good for post-treatment skincare. I used it knowing it would probably cause some clogs because I wanted to make sure I was keeping my as hydrated and protected as possible for the first few days after the BBL. Amazingly I actually didn't find it as deeply hydrating as my favorite Belif Moisturizing Bomb. But I did buy a different NeoCutis moisturizer (good for post-treatment as well) to use only for a few days after each treatment. It's nice, but honestly I don't like it as much as my Belif Moisturizing Bomb + Jojoba combo.
- MD Skincare UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF46 (sample packet) - Another sample given by the Medical Aesthetician for use post-treatment. I've tried this before and didn't remember caring for it much but thought I'd give it another go since the MA said it would be good post-treatment. It irritated my skin though so I could only use it around my eyes. Sticking to my favorite Bioderma Photoderm Spot SPF50+ (it's good for post-treatment as well).
- NUDE Skincare Brightening Fizzy Powder Wash - The more I used this, the more I loved it! As I got closer to finishing the bottle, I knew I would miss it if I didn't repurchase. Sephora is phasing out the brand, so I managed to snag another bottle at 20%.
YAY Empties!! Did you finish anything in May?