I've had such a nice break, and the time flew by! What did I do???
I did a LOT of binge watching - Arrow, Grimm, Strike Back. I also started playing the Lightning game in Bejewed...is it bad that I've played so much that I have to break over 600K just to get on my own leaderboard, which btw only has my name on it?!! LOL! Also spent time with family, and had no qualms about sleeping in until noon on my days off.
Remember this IG pic??
I'm on 5 1/2 weeks of not much sugar. YEAH. Tell me about it. The first week was pretty brutal. The second week was bad but not brutal. By the third week things were easier. Here are the things that have improved: sleep, digestion, my tummy is back to being mostly flat & I simply feel good about sticking to something!
Ok, so admission...I'm not completely sugarless. I do still consume condiments that have sugar like ketchup and sauces such as BBQ. But nothing like jams or sugary coffee drinks (sorry, Starbucks! But I still love your iced, unsweet green tea!). I've also stayed away from most fruit, exception being every once in awhile I'll have a green apple or lemon in water. Mainly I've just been trying to keep within the 6-9 teaspoons recommended in the book.
I have had a few days where I went over the 9 teaspoons. One day I had a little coffee ice cream. Another day I had a few Oreos. And today I had a piece of chocolate. So 3 days in 5 weeks I don't think is too bad?!!!
I'm going to keep at it until I hit the 2 month mark (mentioned in the book), and at that point I'll add fruit back in but will try to stick to the ones in the book list. I'm not trying to sell anyone here on quitting sugar. For me, though...I know I had a pretty big sugar addiction, and the amount I consumed was not good! So this is part of my hey-I'm-40-I-should-probably-start-doing-healthy-stuff plan :-)
LUCKILY, Mr. G has been right along with me!! Doing this alone would've been crap, but doing it with him has been so much more tolerable. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
Beauty-wise here's what happened:
- Rediscovered the loveliness that is NARS Douceur blush. Seriously it's such a versatile color on me, and I'm now entirely sad that it's been discontinued!
- Finished a makeup product - Kevyn Aucoin brow pencil in Brunette. Thought about trying a different one, but I love how tiny and precise it is so I decided to make life easier and repurchase it.
- Been absolutely loving the CoverFX Illuminating Primer. Received it as a deluxe sample promo code on Sephora, and I am SO happy with it! I get compliments on it all the time!
- Decided on a couple of makeup tosses: Tom Ford Narcissist Blush - wears unevenly and doesn't blend into the skin all that well (requires more elbow grease than I'd like!), Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Palette - I just don't wear this enough and hopefully I'm over my HG Ambient-anything phase...yes, I can quit you!!!
- Got a haircut and I'm not too happy about it. If anyone knows of a fantastic stylist in the Dallas, TX area please let me know. PS, must have expertise dealing with thick, coarse, Asian hair...
Oh, hey...did you notice the new blog design/layout?? I had the same design for over 2 years, and felt like a refresh was in order! I also updated many of the pages.
And speaking of refresh, I'm going to revive the Diary by moving some things over there, namely Empties and purchases. I want to have a more real-time, informal way of letting you guys know what I finish up and purchase and the Diary format allows me to do just that. On this main Gummy Vision blog I'll switch to a quarterly Empties & New In roundup post, and highlight the noteworthy items as well as keep tabs on the totals. If you are interested in subscribing to the Diary, you may do so HERE.
I'm working a lot through the month of August, and I'm not sure I'll be able to go back to the 3x/week posting that I was doing before. I'm going to try to stick with 2x/week, so here's to that ha ha!
Ok, so blah blah blah blah. Enough about me. How have YOU been?!!! What have you all been up to??? Please tell me!!