I've been on a purging rampage the past couple of weeks - nail polish, makeup, skincare, body care, samples...nothing is safe! Seriously, it's been an overwhelming need to purge and it came on quite urgently and quickly!! So what's going on???
1. I want a smaller stash and less options to choose from. Takes too long to decide what to use/wear sometimes!
2. Flat out, I'm getting bored with some of the things I have and feel like I need a refresh. And speaking of boredom, I'm also tired of keeping things just because...like just because I love the smell (Guerlain Meteorites compact), or love the color or formula...if I'm not using it what's the point?? I never claimed to be a beauty collector, so why am I keeping things I'm not using?
3. Some items, especially makeup, I've had for 1-2 years with hardly any use. And I don't think keeping them any longer will make me use them more.
4. Speaking of using things...I don't like having a constant, nagging feeling that I need to use stuff up. If I have a smaller stash, then that feeling will be much smaller ha ha!
5. Even if I love a product, there are new things coming out all the time. And more often than not, I'd rather use the new products than something I've had hanging around for awhile.
6. If I'm not using a product, I'd much rather it go to a home where it will get more love and use!
7. Some items have started to go bad!
...and here's a look at part of the purge pile...
Hmmmm...so let's see...what are some reasons for getting rid of particular items??
NARS lip pencils - decided I don't want to sharpen anymore lip products unless I'm sharpening a liner. Too many other fantastic colors out there that don't need messy sharpening. Except for Train Bleu and Bettina - I keeping those...because, hello, inexplicable exceptions are a must at some point, yes?!!! Ha ha!
Beloved shadow palettes from Tom Ford and Guerlain - OK, ok I know I just said I wouldn't get rid of Guerlain Les Fumes!! BUT!! I wore it a couple of times around the time I wrote that post, otherwise it had been a really, really long time since I'd worn it. Love it, but it hit me that I'm just onto other things. TF Nude Dip - love it, but I've decided it's too shimmery
Bite Beauty lippies - I was on a BB rampage last Summer and Fall, but now I'm just kinda bored and over them. I still think they are beautiful colors and I'm keeping a couple, but that's all.
Cleansers - Even though I'm still fond of say, Ceramic Slip, I find my skin does better when I stick to the Indie Lee Brightening Cleanser! Except for makeup removers, I'm saying bye bye to all cleansers but the one.
Random polishes - Too many on hand that I never wear, and some recent acquisitions that I'm not particularly fond of and can't return. Or some formulas I like better than others (like nail treatments, top/base coats).
Lot of depots - After all that deporting, I decided deported things don't travel well and I'm not using them more than when they were in their beautiful packages. Sigh. All that beautiful packaging. Lesson learned!
So I could go on and on, but hopefully you get the gist :-) I don't have complete purge totals yet because I'm not quite finished...I'll post them when I'm finally done! I'll also post pics of my final post-purge makeup stash!!
Have you cleaned out or purged anything lately?!